You may have noticed there’s a new sheriff in town… and his name is Mr. Paperless! A lot of couples like to consider sending paperless wedding invitations by email. There are a ton of pros and cons to doing this, but either way, MKR Design Studios can help you make the right decision for you and your budget.
Going paperless can be a fantastic option for couples who need to; A) save a ton of money and time while still getting a quality design, and B) care deeply about the environment.
It’s true, if you decide to email your invitations you will need to sacrifice certain fun embellishments such as a cool foil stamp or using kraft paper, but you won’t need to sacrifice the design. There might be some other great design elements you can add instead by sending your invitation by email. Perhaps you even want to include an animated gif!
As far as the money goes, printing 200 fancy invitations will cost between $500-$1,500 so yes, you will save quite a bit of money if you email your invitations instead. The cash savings is wonderful, but you’ll also be saving so much time not needing to stuff envelopes and handwrite addresses. On top of that, you’re helping the environment by saving quite a bit of paper!
However, there are a lot of things you need to consider if you want to go this route and determine what’s most important to you for your big day.
The best part about going with printing your wedding invitations is having your guests receive a fancy, physical piece of paper. Your invite will set the tone for your big day, and going with a beautiful design printed on high-quality paper with a cool embellishment can really create excitement for your guests. Imagine receiving a fancy-feeling envelope in the email, opening at being astonished at the incredible design and fancy printing techniques. You will be so impressed with the effort the couple has put into their invitations. You won’t forget about that wedding!
So yes, it takes a bit more time on your end preparing the invitations for mailing. But your guests will really appreciate that time and care you put into it. This is your first chance to impress them with a unique, printed piece. Plus, emailed invites often get overlooked, forgotten, or can sometimes end up in a spam folder. You don’t want that! You want your guests to be able to hang the invite on their refrigerator as a physical reminder every day about your upcoming wedding.
Pros of E-invites
Cons of E-invites
- Saves you a ton of money
- You don’t need to coordinate with a printer
- You can send out your invitations much faster
- It will be much more convenient for gathering RSVP’s online
- You’ll save time not needing to stuff envelopes and write addresses
- You can still have a beautifully designed custom invitation without needing to print it
- It’s better for the environment to not use so much paper
- Gathering emails for every single person on your guest list can be tough
- People who aren’t savvy with technology might get annoyed
- There won’t be a physical reminder for people, only digital
- The touch and feel of a physical invitation can make all the difference when setting the tone for your big day
- You won’t get to add cool printing techniques such as a gold foil stamp, letterpress or printing on kraft paper
Now that you have seen both the pros and cons of going paperless, it’s time to decide which is best for you! Either way, MKR Design Studios can help with a beautiful design for your wedding invitations.